Thompson & Associates works with nonprofit organizations to provide planned giving expertise to friends of the organization and the community. By working through nonprofits, Thompson & Associates’ consultants are able to lead prospective donors through a personalized and comprehensive charitable estate planning process.
For over thirty years, the Thompson & Associates’ team has helped individuals and families plan to pass their estate assets to their family and to the organizations they support in a manner consistent with their values and objectives. Our unique process results in the successful completion of an estate plan which, in 2010, resulted in donors completing plans that directed over $1,000,000,000 to charities.
The ultimate goal of our relationship is a full day of planning visits with your donors to help them accomplish their estate planning goals. However, the vault of services provided by Thompson & Associates is much broader than completed recommendations to your donors.
The services provided to Thompson & Associates’ clients include:
- Monthly visits by a Thompson & Associates’ representative;
- Monthly e-mail with timely articles written by our team specifically for our clients, their donors, and professional advisors regarding estate planning and charitable planning tools;
- Online access to a client-only section of our website that has hundreds of articles, presentations, and other resources regarding planned giving and charitable estate planning;
- Assistance in distributing these great resources to your donors and professional advisor community;
- Annual Client Conference in Nashville, Tennessee;
- Web pages which can be embedded on our clients’ website detailing the charitable estate planning process and estate planning information;
- Access to our two full-time attorneys whose sole purpose is planning estates and working with the nonprofit organization, their donors, and professional advisors;
- Analysis of donor base through Gift Clarity Analysis to identify an organization’s top planned giving prospects;
- Access to peer-to-peer discussions and advice from our highly-experienced team of seasoned professionals;
- Opportunity to offer Continuing Education courses on charitable estate planning topics to your local professional community (additional fee may apply);
- Illustrations and contracts for an unlimited number of charitable gift annuities;
- Review of current policies and access to Model Conflicts of Interest Policy, Gift Acceptance Policies and Guidelines, Guidelines for Acceptance and Administration of Deferred Gifts, Investment Policy, and Endowment Policy;
- Seminars as needed and agreed upon for planned giving prospects;
- Presentation on planned giving to the Board of Directors; and
- Staff training on how to recognize planned gift opportunities, including electronic access to our whole team for specific development related questions.
In addition, Thompson & Associates:
- Provides planning services completely free of charge to donors;
- Does not solicit funds directly or indirectly from donors;
- Does not sell, nor offers to sell, any services or products to donors;
- Does not manage money, provide legal or accounting services, or in any other way act as a professional advisor to donors;
- Does not enter into a legally binding relationship with donors, and donors shall have no obligation to follow the recommendations; and
- Does not share any personal information gathered from donors through the planning process without the prior written consent of the individual.
Thompson & Associates helps donors consider options to fulfill their values and objectives with their assets. We do not give legal or accounting advice to donors, and we are not involved at all in the solicitation of funds. In fact, Thompson & Associates does not manage, conduct, carry on, advise, consult, or prepare material for a solicitation of contributions.